It is our plan to make available all of the manuals we publish available online. This will take time as some of the manuals will be updated with new software to make the files compatible with the web.
The manuals are broken into several separate files to facilitate faster downloads for those local jurisdictions using dial up for their internet connection.
LHTAC does not publish the ISPWC manual, however, LHTAC does distribute those manuals. Click on the link to the left to find out more information.
Download the order form to order LHTAC manuals.
Design and Construction
- Highway & Street Guidelines for Design and Construction, November 2001
- The Location, Support and Mounting of Mailboxes, April 1997
- Development of a Highway System Map, June 1999
- Idaho Standards for Public Works Construction 2012 Edition
- Speed Limits & Speed Zones in Idaho, January 2006 (Please contact Idaho T2 Center for more information)
Right of Way
- Field Guide for Accessible Public Rights-of-Way, December 2009
- Use of Public Right-of-Way – Standard Approach Policy, June 1995
- Use of Public Right-of-Way – Permits for Utilities and Encroachments, June 2001
- Highway Right-of-Way Acquisition Without Federal Funds, September 2002
- Joint Exercise of Powers, Transfer of Property and Use of Volunteers, January 1997
- Managing Dust on Unpaved Roads for the Local Highway Jurisdictions in Idaho, March 2001
- Permits for Operations & Maintenance, April 2004
- Snow Removal on Private Roads, July 1997
Local Highway Jurisdictions
- Local Highway Jurisdictions Funding, September 2003
- The Creation of Local Improvement Districts for Local Highway Jurisdictions, August 1996
- The Formation of Highway Districts, May 2007
- Guidelines for Completing the Annual Road and Street Financial Report, September 2002
- Handling Hazardous Materials, June 2001
- Transportation Plans, March 2006