We are adding to our Team!
We are looking for a part-time Environmental Planner. The selected candidate’s level of experience will determine the nature of this position.
Experience for this position may include:
- Categorical Exclusion documentation for compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA);
- Development of Aquatic Resources Delineation Reports;
- Review of project plans and specifications to ensure compliance with applicable environmental regulations;
- Coordination with environmental regulatory agencies including, but not limited to, ITD Environmental Section, US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), US Fish and Wildlife (UFWS), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Idaho Fish and Game Department, Idaho Department of Water Resources, US Army Corps of Engineers, Idaho State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), US Bureau of Reclamation, and affected private property owners;
- Reviews of project plans for adherence with environmental regulations governing stream alterations and stormwater runoff, including assisting in permit approval, management, and documentation;
- Performance of on-site visits of projects, as needed for environmental compliance
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, engineering or related field is required;
- Idaho driver’s license
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience administering environmental regulations on Federal-aid highway projects is preferred;
- Comprehend, interpret and apply applicable environmental regulations to provide assistance to co-workers to deliver transportation projects in local jurisdictions; review project plans; perform on-site inspections or observations, and assist with environmental compliance;
- Develop and maintain working relationships with federal, state and local representatives;
- Prepare categorical exclusions, and other NEPA documentation or other environmental reports, as needed;
- Operate basic office equipment including a personal computer and job-related software applications;
- Ability to Independently complete assignments in timely fashion; understand and comply with all rules, policies and regulations.
- Salary starting compensation is depending on qualifications & experience
- Flexible work schedule
The position is open until filled. Get your application in today!
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to Mike Cram: MCRAM@LHTAC.ORG or visit us at: LHTAC, 3330 Grace St. Boise, ID 83703
We are always on the lookout for great talent, even when we don’t have active positions listed. If you are interested in a specific position (mention position title in subject line), please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Mike Cram: MCRAM@LHTAC.ORG or visit us at LHTAC: 3330 Grace St., Boise, ID 83703.
Idaho Association of Highway Districts Job Opportunities Click HERE
Idaho Association of Counties Job Opportunities Page Click HERE
Association of Idaho Cities Job Career Center Click HERE
Find LHTAC on LinkedIn